Flag/Flower/Tree/Bird representing the region
Flag representing the region
It symbolizes the historic symbol of Joyang Gate in Hongseong and
beautiful west coastal line.
- 6 white lines in the upper section： 6 continents
- Moon-shape in the center : Joyang Gate
- 5 blue lines in the bottom : The Five Oceans
- A garden city of 21st century in the west coastal region (blue green)
Flower representing the region
- The yellow flower that blossoms in the early spring symbolizes warm and kind heart of Hongseong people. Its tenacious hold on life means a dauntless unity and prosperity.
Tree representing the region
- Zelkova tree is known for providing a large shade, so that it was even called as a shade tree. It symbolizes the history of patriotism and loyalty in ancient Hongseong village.
Bird representing the region
- It is the national bird of Korea and a bird of good luck delivering pleasant news. It symbolizes kind and polite Hongseong people’s warmth and hope.